Crossroad decision: To Grab or not to Grab ...

3 years ago (in Feb 2018 to be exact), I wrote my first blog of my journey to getting a vocational license. (TPDVL aka taxi license to be exact!) My original intention is simply to use my SkillFuture credit and also I could see that there is always a possibility that I may be out of job someday. 

I have seen friends and ex-colleague's life thrown into disarray when they were layoff during retrenchment and could not find a job for more than a year. It is not a pretty scene and it brought many problems not only to the affected person, but also to his/her family. 

Long gone are the days whereby you could start your career in a company and retire after 40 or 45 years of service. The modern era company operation is all about P/L (Profit/Loss). 

It sounds cruel, but that is the reality. 

Now in 2021... I am at the crossroad. 

The company that I am working for is not (exactly) doing well; it isn't at the point of collapsing too. Unfortunately there were many rounds of layoffs and the amount of workload is simply piling exponentially. 

I am at the verge of total burnout due to the stress from work and the pressure from my (new) ang-moh boss. I have been losing sleep, weight and hair. The only thing that is holding me back from resignation is the monthly paycheck that pays my household bills. However I know that it is a matter I will lose my health (physical and mental) if I were to carry on with my current job. 

I have tried applying for other jobs for the past 3 months did not even get a response. My hope in getting a new job before I quit this current is dwindling by the days. 

I have thought of quitting my job and be a full time grab driver. 

Crossroad decision... To Grab or not to Grab! The countdown begins...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TPDVL / TDVL - Taxi and Private Hire Car Driver Vocational Licence